The Department only considers graduate applications for the Fall Quarter. Applications are evaluated only when all of the materials listed below are received.
We require the following items for the application:
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation: enter names & information of recommenders in the online application; they will receive an email with a link to upload their letter to an online letter of recommendation site.
- One set of official transcripts: You will be uploading unofficial copies with the online application (for application review purposes). Official transcripts are also required. Electronic official transcripts must come directly from your Institution and e-mailed to NeuroPhD@mednet.ucla.edu. Electronic transcripts e-mailed by the applicant, will not be considered official. Or you may request to have official transcripts mailed to:
For Express Mail Carriers (FedEx, UPS, EMS, etc.)
- GRE General Exam: Official scores should be transmitted to us. UCLA Institution Code R4837, Neuroscience Department & Major Field Code: 0213
- CV/Resume: Please upload to the "Supporting Documents" section on the application.
- TOEFL iBT (International Applicants): UCLA Institution Code R4837, Department & Major Code: 99
- IELTS (in lieu of TOEFL): Official score report should be sent to the address listed above.
- Selecting the Academic Program - Neuroscience PhD on the online application:
- Degree: Doctoral
- Program: PHD- Bioscience- Neuroscience
- Additional Supporting Documents:
- Personal History Statement: A personal history statement is not required but recommended.
- Deadline to submit application is December 1. Only the required application items will be evaluated. Do not mail or upload any other supplemental documents or any duplicates of uploaded application items.
For further FAQs please visit our Admissions FAQ page here. For all other questions, contact us by email or phone at (310) 825-8153 or (310) 825-0616.