Counseling and Advising
If you do have any problem at UCLA whatsoever, please do feel free to come to the Chair's office any time (CHS 63-323; phone 310-794-5733).
Members of the entry advising committee are open to talk with you anytime.
The advising committee is open at any time as individuals or as group to hear complaints, thoughts or concerns of individuals or groups.
The current members of the advising committee are:
- David Krantz, Committee Chair
- Elaine Hsiao
- Tom O'Dell
- Felix Schweizer
- Kate Wassum
Consider contacting the Behavioral Wellness Center (BWC) for confidential counseling. They are located in CHS 18-218 and can be reached at (310) 825-9605.
Graduate Division also has put together a helpful list of further help that the campus organizes called Campus Resources.
Another important resource is UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Diversity and Discrimination
UCLA and the NSIDP are committed to maintaining an equal learning and working environment. If you have, or believe to have, witnessed an act of discrimination, please either contact the NSIDP Chair or advising committee or the Equity Office at 310-794-1232.
- Office of students with disabilities can help you get learning help, more time on tests and give advice if you need wheelchair access etc.
- Ombuds Services Gives confidential advice and makes sure your complaint is heard and followed up on.
- The Title IX office provides individual consultations and information about campus policies regarding sexual harassment.
- The office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion is dedicated to help us all in creating a campus that is equitable, fair and transparent. If this does not describe the campus you know, please get in touch with them and discuss your concerns.
The local equity advisors are:
- Medicine Lynn Gordon 310-794-2095
- Life Science Elizabeth Bjork 310-825-6935
- Graduate Education Carlos Grijalva 310-825-8277